The City invites you to help renew the Ocean Grove Sporting Infrastructure Plan. This plan will provide direction for six local reserves for the next 10 years.
Please review the recommendations outlined below, attend one of the drop-in sessions and/or complete the survey.
Your feedback will help us clarify the sporting requirements and development aspirations for Ocean Grove and Wallington.
A review and update of the Ocean Grove Sporting Infrastructure Plan 2010 was commissioned in 2019. As part of the review, a Project Reference Group (PRG) of key stakeholders and user groups was established. The PRG has provided insight and input into the draft Plan.
The new Plan responds to the exponential increase in female sports participation and population growth, new design trends (Female Friendly, Universal and Environmentally Sustainable Design) and development of new facility standards, strategies and policies.
The new Plan also includes Wallington which was not part of the original plan.
The primary scope and key considerations of the draft Ocean Grove Sporting Infrastructure Plan are the following six (6) reserves and the sporting and recreation activities conducted at them:
- Arthur Powell Reserve
- Collendina Reserve
- Devlins Road Reserve (Oakdene/Kingston)
- Memorial Reserve
- Shell Road Reserve
- Wallington Reserve
Within the draft plan, key strategic directions have been identified along with recommendations for each of the six reserves. Further detail about the strategic directions and individual reserve recommendations can be found further down the page and in the Draft Ocean Grove Sporting Infrastructure Plan (can also be found in the document library).
When considering future sporting facilities demands in Ocean Grove against existing infrastructure, we identified the following findings.
What we learned from previous consultation
The research and stakeholder consultations conducted during the development of the Ocean Grove Sporting Infrastructure Plan support these strategies:
- Develop soccer pitches and a new pavilion at Devlins Rd Reserve, then relocate the Surfside Waves Soccer Club to the reserve.
- Convert soccer pitches at Shell Road Reserve to a second oval for football and cricket.
- Upgrade the Memorial Reserve hall, enhance the Reserve as a more informal open space whilst still hosting junior football & cricket games.
Recommendations for the six reserves
How to have your say - share your feedback
Please provide your feedback by completing the quick poll, survey, or attend a drop-in session to discuss the draft Plan with our project team.
For more detailed information view the document library on the right hand side of this page for:
- Draft OGSIP Report
- Short Executive Summary giving you a quick overview of the Draft Report
- Draft Master Plans for Collendina, Shell Road and Wallington Reserves
We are taking feedback from 9am, Monday 30 May 2022 until 5pm Sunday 10 July 2022.
All feedback will be considered in developing the final Ocean Grove Sporting Infrastructure Plan. A summary of the feedback received will be shared with the community later in 2022.
Attend a drop in session
If you are unable to provide feedback via the on-line tools or wish to speak to City Officers in person, the following drop-in sessions have been organised to provide feedback:
- Saturday 18 June, 10.00am - 12noon, Wallington Reserve Pavilion, 481-487 Wallington Road, Wallington
- Monday 20 June, 4.30pm - 6.30pm, Shell Road Reserve Pavilion, 52-60 Shell Rd, Ocean Grove
- Tuesday 21 June, 4.30pm - 6.30pm, Arthur Powell Reserve Pavilion, 139-161 Asbury St East, Ocean Grove
COVID-safe requirements will be adhered to at the drop in sessions. If you are feeling unwell or have any flu like symptoms, please do not attend and instead use one of the online tools or get in contact with the project team via email or phone.