This engagement is currently closed for evaluation
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback. You can 'Follow' the page if you'd like to receive future updates.
In response to community interest and suggestions, the City is interested in seeking feedback about the installation of a permanent rainbow crossing in the Geelong CBD.
This crossing will be a vibrant and colourful representation of our region’s support of the local rainbow community and continue to celebrate our local our LGBTQIA+ communities.
The crossing locations under consideration are:
• Malop Street crossing (central) – between Market Square & Westfield (signalised)
• Yarra Street underpass pedestrian crossing (signalised)
• Malop Street crossing – near Clare Street (signalised)
• Fenwick Street pedestrian crossing – near Johnstone Park (zebra crossing)
• Western Beach Road pedestrian crossing - Novotel (zebra crossing)
• Western Beach Road pedestrian crossing – Cunningham Pier (zebra crossing)
• Gheringhap Street pedestrian crossing – Deakin (zebra crossing).
How To Share Your Feedback
A number of potential locations have been identified based on safety, visual amenity and feedback received from the local rainbow community.
Please select your preferred location by clicking on the image and then the blue submit button.
If you have time, please take our very short survey below. Your input is important and will be considered as part of this project.
Do you have a few moments to take our short survey?
Your input to this online survey is important and will be considered as part of this project.
The survey will only take a couple of minutes to complete. We appreciate your feedback.
*In order to gain a deeper understanding of the data provided to the City and improve our services to you, we may disclose the information you provide to us to AWS Comprehend which carry out analysis of the data. Your personal information may be disclosed to AWS Comprehend based in Sydney only in relation to the primary purpose of collection. View the following link for AWS Comprehend’s Data Privacy statement.