The Rural & Peri-urban sub-committee - made up of of community members, Councillors and City staff - has recently completed a feasibility study into a multi-purpose livestock and information exchange. We are now seeking your feedback on the findings and recommendations from this study.During the study we have:
- Identified issues facing landholders with livestock in the G21 region
- Reviewed existing services that address the issues identified
- Researched operating models from other regions
- Identified gaps in services
- Developed a list of potential options to address the gaps identified.
Surveys and focus groups were conducted with representatives from the City of Greater Geelong, Surf Coast and Golden Plains municipalities. More than 230 responses were received, providing insights into the current issues facing landholders with livestock in the G21 region.
If you’d like more information about our feasibility study, you can find out more in the FAQ section on the right hand side of this page.
You are invited to participate in the next stage of our study by completing the following survey.
The survey looks at the four key issues that came from the feasibility study, and the options being proposed to help landholders manage these issues.
The key issues are:
- Buying and selling livestock
- Support and services
- Information and education
Your feedback will provide us with valuable insight into current views about managing, buying and selling livestock. The responses will inform how the City can support landholders with livestock.
This survey is open from 1 April 2021 to 4pm 29 April 2021.
We thank you for your time and value all feedback.