This engagement is closed
Contributions to this engagement has closed for evaluation and review.
Thank you to everyone who contributed.
The City has committed to upgrade the streetscape in the St Leonards Murradoc Road shopping area in 2020.
The works will improve safety, accessibility and amenity of the trading precinct for all members of the community.
Streetscape and beautification works will include but is not limited to; drainage improvements, street furniture, garden beds, bike racks, information sign/noticeboard, town welcome sign, toilet area clean up and street art and pedestrian crossing improvements. This project will also promote sustainable water use and assist the local economy by making the precinct a more inviting place to spend time and shop.
In 2019 we sought your feedback on this project via online, and community drop in sessions. The feedback was fed back into the designs that we are now starting to implement. See original concept in document library.
Please see the project page for updates on the projects. St Leonards Streetscape projects
One of the ideas coming out of the initial engagement was improved pedestrian safety. We have been working with Regional Roads Victoria, RRV, to get the best outcomes for the area. We are asking the community now to comment on these improved pedestrian crossings
- A new wombat crossing (raised zebra crossing) on Murradoc road. This replaces the existing small crossing.
- A new wombat crossing on .Blanche Street. This will allow continuous travel for pedestrians from one side to the other in safety.
Other changes that have been made based on community feedback from 2019 include:
- Design and installation of a mural on the St Leonards, Murradoc Road toilet. See photos in document library.
- Public Transport Victoria (PTV) in partnership with the City have relocated the existing bus stop from outside the St Leonards Hotel. The bus stop relocation to west of Blanche Street has been incorporated into the overall streetscape design.
- The Federal Government has committed $70,000 for CCTV in Murradoc Road, St Leonards. This is currently being designed to fit in with the streetscape and should be delivered with a lighting upgrade. We have also been looking at smartpoles which would allow free Wifi in the town centre.
- New foreshore infrastructure, see below for current engagement on that project.
We are seeking your feedback on:
- Harvey Park, St. Leonards - The Federal Government committed $430,000 towards a foreshore pavilion in St Leonards. Feedback closed for Harvey Park consultation on 7 September, 2020.
- Wombat Crossings (raised zebra crossings) to be installed at Murradoc Rd and Blanche St. Please comment below if you wish.
Wombat crossing - feedback
Stages of our project