Geelong's three major growth areas are set to become home to an estimated 175,000 new residents. This unprecedented growth is propelling Geelong’s transport planning forward.
The Geelong Growth Area Transport Infrastructure Strategy (GGATIS) will:
- provide an overarching framework for investment in road and rail infrastructure
- ensure we maintain the liveability of our City as population and economic growth continues
- covers the whole municipality, not just the growth areas
- consider the demand future travel patterns will have on the existing transport network and
- develop strategic solutions to meet future demands
Engagement with key stakeholders of the Northern and Western Geelong Growth Areas has now closed. We are currently reviewing the feedback received and will provide a summary of the feedback as an update to this page. To keep informed of the GGATIS project please follow this page by registering your details to receive updates.
The next stage of the project involves transport modelling of scenarios to determine the preferred solution in partnership with key state government agencies. To ensure the results are supported by key transport stakeholders, the Victorian Integrated Transport Model (VITM) is to be used to undertake this work. Once the preferred solution is identified, we will share this solution with the broader community and seek feedback.