The City is preparing an Urban Design Framework (UDF) to guide future enhancements and development in the Pakington North Precinct to revitalise the area and help accommodate demand for new homes, retail, services and jobs. The UDF will consider how people use the streets and public spaces, how they will move about, how the local character will be preserved, and the use of future buildings and other places.
What will this involve?
The Community Panel will come together over six in-person sessions in early 2024. All sessions will be facilitated by Capire Consulting Group with the exception of Session 5 which will be led by the City. Participants will be expected to attend all sessions and engage in pre and post-activities such as pre-reading, responding to surveys or additional reading between sessions.
- Session 1 : Setting the Scene and Understanding the Drivers for Change
Thursday, 8 February 5.30 – 8.30pm (3 hours)
- Session 2 : The Public Realm
Saturday 10 February 12.30 – 5.30pm (5 hours)
- Session 3a : Built Form
Thursday, 29 February 6.00 – 8.30pm (2.5 hours)
- Session 3b : Built Form
Thursday, 7 March 6.00 – 8.30pm (2.5 hours)
- Session 4 : Access and Movement
Saturday, 16 March 12.30 – 5.30pm (5 hours)
- Session 5 : UDF Endorsement
Thursday, 18 April 6:00 – 8:00pm (2 hours)
Participants will receive a remuneration of $100 as a thank you for their time and effort. This will be provided at the conclusion of the sessions and remunerated pro-rata. All sessions will be fully catered, and we will provide any additional supports required to assist you to participate, identified through the EOI form.
Who can participate?
All expressions of interest will be reviewed by Capire to ensure the panel represents the diversity of our community. We are looking for participants from different backgrounds as we want to hear from a diverse range of voices. This includes residents, business owners and visitors of all ages and genders, from different locations, housing backgrounds and family compositions. Everyone deserves to be represented, heard, and play a role in shaping our future.
Want to express your interest?
To express your interest in joining the Community Panel please click on the button below to complete the form.
If you have any trouble answering these questions, or prefer to provide your answers over the phone,
please call 03 5272 5007.
Hard copies of the Expression of Interest form are available at all City Customer Service Centres.
- What is a community panel?
- What is the purpose of the community panel? Why has this process been chosen?
- Why is an expression of interest process being used?
- What has happened with the previous work done and feedback provided by the community?
- Who is eligible to be a panel member?
- What is involved in being a panel member?
- Do I need any particular knowledge, skills or background to participate in the community panel?
- What is council's role in this process?
- Who will facilitate these sessions?
- What happens if I can only attend some of the session dates?
- If I need assistance to participate in the community panel, can this be organised?
- What happens if the form I submit is incomplete?
- I am a commercial landowner or business operator within the Pakington North precinct, but I also live in or nearby the precinct, how do I fill in the form?
- I am a business operator in the precinct, how do I fill in the form?
I need assistance
The National Relay Service is available as a phone solution for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment.
- TTY users phone 133 677
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727
- Internet relay users - visit the National Relay Service website
To have content on the page read aloud to you, select text and click the listen icon that appears.
If we can assist any other way to help you provide your feedback please contact the project officer below.