Have Your Say
The City invites you to provide feedback on a District Ride Centre in Kingston Park, Ocean Grove.
A District Ride Centre is a bike facility that contains features such as a jump park, pump track, and skills and trials area, and can accommodate approximately 100 riders at any time.
Following the removal of the makeshift jumps within Woodlands Reserve in 2020, Council proceeded to engage with the Ocean Grove community to develop a concept plan for their replacement. This process identified key issues with the existing Woodlands Reserve location, and it was agreed to find an alternative location within Ocean Grove for a District Ride Centre.
Over 60 per cent of the makeshift bike jumps created during the COVID pandemic were located in the suburbs of Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove. A site selection process was undertaken by Synergy Trails to identify potential sites for a District Ride Centre within Ocean Grove. Each site was assessed against a set of criteria, and through this process Kingston Park was determined as the most suitable site in which to locate this facility, as the only district level park in Ocean Grove with existing amenities, in a central location.
District Ride Centre Draft Concept Plan
Key features include:
- 80 - 100 m long dirt jump lines with jump lines to suit all rider skill levels
- Asphalt pump track aimed at beginner to intermediate riders, designed to encourage rider progression
- Skills & trials features designed to improve rider control, stability and confidence
- Central hub with shelter and seating
- The District Ride Centre will be fully fenced from the rest of the park.
How To Share Your Feedback
We would like to know whether you support/don't support the location of a District Ride Centre in Kingston Park and your feedback on the draft concept plan for the District Ride Centre.
Please review the draft concept plan and provide your feedback below, including any thoughts or any ideas you might have on the different features and layout. Your feedback will help us understand if the community supports the location of a District Ride Centre in Kingston Park, and if so help guide the development of the concept plan.
Your feedback is important to us, please visit any one or more of the multiple options below to have your say: -
- Our Quick Poll to show if you do /don't support the location of a District Ride Centre in Kingston Park. If you have time, we recommend you take our survey or lodge a formal submission to tell us why.
- Our short survey to provide further feedback, including detailed feedback on the draft concept plan.
- Lodge a formal submission. You will be required to include your name, postal address, a contact number, email address and details of your submission. Your submission will be progressed in accordance with Councils 'Approval Procedure for Open Space Projects'.
- Come and have a chat with the project team, we will be onsite on two separate occasions. Details below. If you are unable to attend but would like to speak to an officer, please contact Emma Foster on 5272 4800 or Emma.Foster@geelongcity.vic.gov.au
Community engagement opportunities
Please take our Quick Poll to let us know if you do/don't support the location of the Ride Centre.
Take our short survey to provide further feedback, including detailed feedback on the draft concept plan.
Hard copy available upon request.
Formal Submission (online or in writing). You will be required to include your name, postal address, a contact number, email address and details of your submission.
Drop in sessions
Drop in sessions with City Officers were held on site at Kingston Park on Thursday 18 August, 2022 and Saturday 20 August, 2022.